26 Creative Ways To Make Money Fast
New Creative Ways to Make Money
Disclaimer; I thought I knew about all the creative ways to make money. After all, I’ve been in the “money business” for decades. … But I was wrong!
I won 365 Ways to Make Money; Ideas for Quick $ Every Day of the Year by Kylie Ofiu a while ago.
I understand that there are points in time when you want to make some quick cash. This book inspired me to give you some quick cash ideas. (a few ideas are borrowed from the book).
When the book arrived, I stuck it on the coffee table along with the stack of 6-7 books I was reading. Eventually, I turned to a page in the middle and started in. With complete surprise I discovered idea upon idea of viable and creative ways to make money.
Borrowing money is not a great option, as you ultimately have to pay the money back. So check out all of these money making ideas and let us know which ones you’re going to try.
Make Money Fast
- Paint numbers on trash cans (wheelie bins for those in Australia). You could even use stickers to identify the proper trash cans. After all, you don’t want someone stealing your bin.
- Clean out trash cans (wheelie bins). Mine are disgusting, in fact, they came with our condo and I don’t know when they’ve been cleaned out; and it’s not on my “to do” list.
- Clean out garages. I would love someone to knock on my door right now to help me clean out my garage. I’d pay someone 50 bucks for a couple of hours to organize my garage.
- Clean curtains and blinds. Who prioritizes cleaning their window blinds or curtains? I can’t imagine. Even restaurants and businesses need people to clean their blinds and window coverings. The curtains could be cleaned with a hand held steam cleaner for a bit of an investment.
- Design and build water features. Although I received a beautiful garden fountain for Mother’s Day, I could imagine someone with a bit of a yard would love the addition of a small water feature. To keep your costs down, use recycled materials and garage sale finds. You could even sell small ones at flea markets.
- Become a tiler. Kylie mentions that you must get some training for this one, but with the home improvement boom, there’s always demand for a good tiler.
- Fix window screens (fly screens as they’re called down under). Buy the screening in bulk and charge $20.00 per window. It’s not hard to learn and you could combine this one with cleaning out gutters. All you need is a ladder and bucket for gutter cleaning.
- Wash windows. In fact, businesses need this service performed regularly and lazy or busy homeowners would welcome the opportunity to see through the dirt and grime.
- Mobile car washing. Go to a high density apartment or condominium complex and post flyers for car washing service. Offer to wash cars right in the parking lot. Just make sure you’re not breaking any laws or covenants.
- Sell cold water at outdoor festivals and busy vacation destinations. The demand is high as are the profit margins. Check out local vendor regulations so you don’t get hit with a hefty fine. While vacationing in Las Vegas this summer, the street vendors with coolers of water bottles selling for a buck were beating the shops who sold the same bottles for $3.00.
- Sell yourself. (Not that way) Fiverr, Elance, Craigslist give you a platform to sell your skills. Have a beautiful voice? Create personalized phone greetings. Are you a wiz at editing videos? Do it for others. Are you knowledgeable about design? Create a logo for customers. The list is endless.
- Be a ghost (writer). The book industry is booming with new writers publishing their work online. If you can write, advertise to ghost write information books and articles.
- Freelance. A quick Google search showed up scores of pages of freelance writing gigs. From your local Craigslist to sites devoted to matching writers with jobs, there are more opportunities and ever.
- Sell money. According to a vintage CNN article; “People who search circulating coinage successfully for a side income do so in very large numbers, she says. They buy rolls of coins from banks, typically in whole boxes, and sort through it to find stuff that just doesn’t belong, Headley says. Half dollars, for example, were no longer made from 90 percent silver after 1965, but they still had 40 percent silver in them until 1970; either of these turn a nice profit. Presidential dollar errors can be worth $50 to $5,000 each; uncirculated state quarters can sell from $10 to $50 per roll; and rare error coins can value up to $35,000″.
- Make money from spouting your opinion. At findfocusgroups.com you can search for focus groups in which to participate. I’ve done this before and it’s quite fun. For up to $100 or more, you can give your opinion, and get paid!
- Be surveyed. Marketers are clamoring for your opinion. Find online surveys to take in your pj’s.
- Sell your body….plasma, sperm, and blood. Just make sure not to sell it all or you’ll end up – you won’t end up well.
- Love mystery? Be a mystery shopper. There are many online companies who can link you up with sweet “mystery shopping” gigs.
- Selling arbitrage-Buy below market items (or pick up free stuff from the curb) on Craigslist or Ebay and resell. You keep the difference.
- Sell your crap-Take all the extra stuff that you have laying around the house, that you don’t need and sell it!
- Flea market upsell-Buy old and/or flawed furniture and home accent pieces. Get the stuff from Goodwill, flea markets and even family members. Add a coat of paint or some decorator accents and resell. Watch “HGTV’s Flea Market Flip” for ideas.
- Be an odd job officionado-Look for odd jobs on Craigslist, and dig in. I’ve paid a handyman to do stuff that he claimed he learned to do on YouTube.
- Haul junk-If you have a pick-up truck, there is big money to be made. After moving, we paid hundreds to have the moving boxes removed.
- Walk dogs-Love dogs and exercise? Have a flexible schedule. This is a great way to rake in some extra money.
- Rent out a room-Friends rent out 2 rooms in their 4 bedroom house, and they barely even see the tenant. This slices their mortgage to the bone. Or use one of the new collaborative consumption sites such as airbnb to list a room in your home to rent for tourists.
- Love old people? Elder care is in high demand. As the population ages there is greater and greater demand for people to run errands, provide care, and help out.
Can’t Get Enough Money Making Ideas?
- How to Make Money Online by Mike Omar
- 52 Ways to Make Extra Money at PT Money
- 25+ Easy Ways to Earn Extra Income at Good Financial Cents
What’s your go to strategy for making cash? What do you “hire out”?
A version of this article was previously published.