New Money Making Ideas
Disclaimer; I thought I knew about all the ways to make money. After all, I’ve been in the “money business” for decades. … But I was wrong!
I Won 365 Ways to Make Money; Ideas for Quick $ Every Day of the Year by Kylie Ofiu from a contest over at Dividend Ninja.
When the book arrived, I stuck it on the coffee table along with the stack of 6-7 books I’m currently reading. This morning, I turned to a page in the middle and started reading. With complete surprise I discovered idea upon idea of viable money making options that I would pay someone to do for me! In fact if someone stopped at my door or passed out a flyer for the following options, I would hire them on the spot. And with today’s busy lifestyles, I am certain that I’m not alone in outsourcing many necessary small tasks.
For the entrepreneurial and ambitious, here are a few money making ideas that you can implement immediately with the promise of making some quick cash now.
Make Money Fast
- Paint numbers on trash cans (wheelie bins for those in Australia). You could even use stickers to identify the proper trash cans. After all, you don’t want someone stealing your bin.
- Clean out trash cans (wheelie bins). Mine are disgusting, in fact, they came with our condo and I don’t know when they’ve been cleaned out; and it’s not on my “to do” list.
- Clean out garages. I would love someone to knock on my door right now to help me clean out my garage. I’d pay someone 50 bucks for a couple of hours to organize my garage.
- Clean curtains and blinds. Who prioritizes cleaning their window blinds or curtains? I can’t imagine. Even restaurants and businesses need people to clean their blinds and window coverings. The curtains could be cleaned with a hand held steam cleaner for a bit of an investment.
- Design and build water features. Although I received a beautiful garden fountain for Mother’s Day, I could imagine someone with a bit of a yard would love the addition of a small water feature. To keep your costs down, use recycled materials and garage sale finds. You could even sell small ones at flea markets.
- Become a tiler. Kylie mentions that you must get some training for this one, but with the home improvement boom, there’s always demand for a good tiler. In fact, I’d love someone to tile my backsplash :).
- Fix window screens (fly screens as they’re called down under). Buy the screening in bulk and charge $20.00 per window. It’s not hard to learn and you could combine this one with cleaning out gutters. All you need is a ladder and bucket for gutter cleaning.
- Wash windows. In fact, businesses need this service performed regularly and lazy or busy homeowners would welcome the opportunity to see through the dirt and grime.
- Mobile car washing. Go to a high density apartment or condominium complex and post flyers for car washing service. Offer to wash cars right in the parking lot. Just make sure you’re not breaking any laws or covenants.
- Sell cold water at outdoor festivals and busy vacation destinations. The demand is high as are the profit margins. Check out local vendor regulations so you don’t get hit with a hefty fine. While vacationing in Las Vegas this summer, the street vendors with coolers of water bottles selling for a buck were beating the shops who sold the same bottles for $3.00.
Can’t Get Enough Money Making Ideas?
- 15 Ways to Make $200 in 2 Weeks at Christian Personal Finance
- 10 Creative Ways to Earn Extra Money at CNN.com/living
- 52 Ways to Make Extra Money at PT Money
- 25+ Easy Ways to Earn Extra Income at Good Financial Cents
- 15 Crazy Ways People Make Money in Today’s Economy at Business Pundit.com
- 30+ Ways to Make More Money at Financial Highway
What’s your go to strategy for making quick cash?