And Links to Money Saving Coupon Articles; Your Free Gift
For a quick overview of Investing Strategies, pick up my FREE eBook; 20 Minute Guide to Investing (top right of the page). If you like what you’re reading, sign up for my RSS feed or email subscription and follow me on twitter so you get the word immediately.
I introduced you to my mom last year when she guest posted, Financial Satisfaction; Now and Later. That article exemplified her positive attitude. Whatever is going on in her life, good, bad or otherwise, she sees the bright side. On top of that, if I want or need something from her, the answer is YES. She is chatty, helpful, and involved. When I was growing up she worked in real estate, raised my sis and me (with the help of my dad), and gave back to the community. There was always room at the table for one more!
Here are some of MOM’s LIFE and MONEY LESSONS:
- You have a commitment to give back to society.
- When given a gift, write a thank you note.
- Save part of any money you get.
- Avoid paying retail.
- Buy a luxury used car and avoid the initial depreciation.
- Do not waste resources. (I still remember the cut up pieces of scrap paper used for phone messages)
- Enjoy life; go on a nice vacation or splurge once in awhile.
- Think about others’ feelings.
- Give to charity.
- Balance your checkbook.
- Focus on accomplishments.
- Clean your room and take out the trash (I had to throw those in ).
- Compare prices.
- Use coupons.*
- Practice your religion.
- Buy the least expensive home in a good neighborhood.
- Shop smart (economically) to look well off.
- Get a college degree.
- Work hard.
- Use proper grammar.
*NOW A GIFT FOR YOU (inspired by Mom); Articles highlighting COUPONS
What are your mom’s lessons?