WHAT YOUR NEW ASTROLOGICAL SIGN MEANS FOR YOUR MONEY?
I’m a bit out of whack since the change in the astrological signs. I’ve been a water loving Cancer my whole life and now, all of a sudden, I’m a Gemini. What’s up with that? In fact, while watching a morning news show, one of the anchors declared, “I’m sticking with my old astrological sign no matter what. I don’t care what the new sign is!” I know how she feels!
These were my CANCER traits:
Here are my GEMINI traits:
Does this mean my core personality has changed? I’m going to have to sit with this and figure out what it all means for ME.
PRACTICAL APPLICATION; Money Takeaway
If the astrological signs, devised 3000 years ago can change, then anything can change. For those of you who track your net worth, don’t you feel great when the number goes up? What about when it goes down? Not so much. And of course, for you bloggers out there, when your Alexa ranking drops a few points, there’s a hint of disappointment as well.
Change is a constant. Nothing stays the same. In money, realize that progress in an upward direction toward your financial goals is important. That means sometimes your net worth will go down. Change and progress are never constant. The trick to financial wealth is controlling the things you can, and letting go of the things you can’t.
You can control only your own financial actions:
- Transfer money from your paycheck into a savings account.
- Participate in your workplace retirement fund.
- Hold a diversified portfolio of stock and bond investments in your long term accounts.
- Build up an emergency fund.
Those steps are in your control. In the long run, positive financial actions will lead to financial success.
In the short run, there will be changes; ups and downs. It may be a recession, a geopolitical event, a housing crisis, or even a tenant from hell. Macro economic forces are out of your control; just like the changing astrological signs.
Focus on what is in your control and dismiss the rest.
Has your astrological sign changed? How are you coping?
Get a notebook and label it: “(your name) Personal Finance” and keep it by the computer. Use it for all of your personal finance goals, thoughts, activities, and plans.
- Today, review your financial goals. Make sure you are doing what you can to create a wealthy future.
- Don’t let the astrological signs determine your behavior. Take the reigns of your life and take one step to make your life better today.
Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance across the blogosphere:
My work was recently showcased at these sites. Why not stop by and check out the excellent articles?
- MY POST WAS SELECTED AS ONE OF THE TOP ARTICLES (Congrats to this week’s 3 winners, Len Penzo, Money Cactus, and Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance) at the Carnival of Personal Finance this week over at My Personal Finance Journey!
- Best of Money Carnival at Richly Reasonable (Only 10 articles are selected for this competive Carnival)
- Total Money Blog Carnival; Inaugural Edition at Budgeting in the Fun Stuff
- Personal Finance By the Book Drag Queen Bingo Round up
- 50 Plus Finance; Best of the best round-up
- Week-end Reading at Dividend Monk
- Car Negotiation Coach; Shopping for a Web Host? What’s the Best Host for Bloggers?
- The Millionaire Nurse Blog; Goals, goals and more Goals: Part 2
image credit: itsallgoodamanda