PERSONAL FINANCE LUMINARY SERIES
Back at the genesis of this blog, I decided to profile personal finance bloggers I admired. This initiative fell by the wayside after my first interview with Flexo of Consumerism Commentary. Please enjoy this return to a promising series with wonderful money making tactics from Kyle, The Penny Hoarder.
One of the coolest parts of being a personal finance blogger is “virtually” meeting folks from across the country and internationally. One of my favorite on-line friends is Kyle, the Penny Hoarder. Kyle gave me some wonderful money making opportunities, and I want you to benefit as well.
According to Kyle’s bio, he is a guy who started his entrepreneurial ways while a kid in his living room,
“ Instead of playing with “Power Rangers” like the rest of my friends, I used play time to try and convince my family members to invest in my conglomerate of make-believe banks and equity markets that I was running in the living room.”
I’m not certain how much those activities paid off for Kyle, but his subsequent venture led to real money for his family:
“When I was 15 I started clipping coupons to help my mom pay the grocery bill. I joined a few coupon trading groups and started vigorously looking for new ways to cut costs. Our grocery bill quickly fell until it was under $20 a week.”
The Penny Hoarder is filled with contests, offers, coupons, and money making strategies. Follow his work and boost your cash flow.
Wacky Ways to Increase Your Cash Flow
Although many of Kyle’s cash creating schemes are “out of the box” you are certain to find something that will work for you. I recommend trying one or two to boost your bottom line. In fact, in our condominium community there is a car wrapped in a “Carfax” logo. It costs $50.00 per month to purchase a parking space, so he must be making quite a bit more than that, just to have his car covered in an advertisement.
Here are a sample of money making ideas from The Penny Hoarder:
- Make money playing games-This one is for the laziest of you out there . The Penny Hoarder listed a ton of ideas to recoup your wasted hours playing games. Give one or two a try and let me know how they work out.
- Carefully, use credit card company offers to your advantage. This AMEX card in particular gives you $25.00 when you load $200.00 onto an American Express prepaid card. Act quickly on this one, it expires at the end of the month.
- Try a side hustle, buying and selling textbooks online. I’m not sure you could actually make $750.00 per month as Kyle suggests, but for those with more time than money and a bit of ingenuity, there is money to be made.
- Selling unwanted coupons is only one of the seven unusual tips in this make money article. As in many of the strategies recommended, one alone won’t make you rich, but bunch together several money making ideas and you can make a dent in your bills.
- Check out the job board on the website for more ways to boost your bottom line.
Don’t miss my suggestions for extra cash in 25 Ways to Make Extra Money.
Ingenuity, creativity, and hard work leads to extra cash. Good luck with your money making efforts!
How do you earned extra money? List your tips and suggestions in the comments section.