12 Cheap Fun Activities for the Holidays
12 Free Winter Activities
“Overspending is as certain a part of the holiday season as overeating. But pushing away from both the table and the cash register at least a little bit sooner can make the post-holiday hangover hurt a little bit less.” Jeffrey Kluger
Say “No” to Holiday (Over) Spending
No is not a bad word. Show discipline and restraint with your kids and you’ll earn their respect.
12 Free Holiday Activities
Have your best holiday ever and don’t blow the budget!
Set your intention and everything else falls into place. This holiday season we are committed to enjoying a break and spending time at home. Grilling out, going for walks, making crafts, watching old movies, going to the beach, and playing games are on our family “to do list”. Schedule in low cost and free holiday activities and they will happen.
You’ll enjoy the season and not break the bank.
Here are some ideas to get you started (Step away from the mall):
1. Make a craft with stuff from around the house. Get the glue gun out, paper, crayons, cardboard, old stickers and see what evolves. Visit Pinterest for inspiration.
2. Bundle up and go for a hike. Walk, take the bus, or get in the car and go to a local park.
3. Pull out the cards and board games, pop some popcorn, and play.
4. Bake: A gingerbread house, cookies, cake, pies, or candy. Input some ingredients from around the house into the computer and see what recipes emerge——–> then cook.
5. Write a story. Do it yourself or with your kids. Type it up, add some pictures and print it out as a momento.
6. Do experiments. Follow your pet around and log Fido or Tiger’s activities. Analyze their habits just like a scientist. No pet? Search online for science experiments.
7. Make a family video and upload it to YouTube. If you don’t want to share it with the world, you can mark it “private”.
8. Dance and sing. Put on your favorite music and have a family party.
9. Have a family giving activity. Donate toys, serve at a homeless shelter, collect clothes for the needy. Help others and you benefit.
10. Read a book out loud together as a family.
11. Pay it forward. Do something special for someone else. Make a neighbor a gift or write a note to someone you appreciate.
12. Host a pot luck party with friends. Play games like charades and enjoy the fun.
Allow yourself the opportunity to enjoy the time off from work and school without blowing the budget. Learnvest inspires with thes 14 Fun, Free Winter activities.
What are your free holiday fun ideas?